2012年2月14日星期二

Should I remove my Strawberry plant runners?

I'm growing strawberries on a pot on my deck. I have everbearing plants and have pinched off flower buds (and will until the end of this month). But about three weeks ago, the plant stopped producing buds. It's still growing healthy new leaves and just started sending out runners. Should I remove the runners because they are using up the plants energy?
Should I remove my Strawberry plant runners?
yes remove all runners on everbearing sttrawberries even after you start letting them flower and set berries. By removing runners he plants will make more crowns which is what you want to happen. letting the runners run means fewer crowns and fewer berries
Reply:From Sunset Guide:

Pinch off all runners to get large plants with smaller yields of big berries; let offsets grow 7-10 in. apart for heavy yields of smaller berries. When your plants have made enough offsets, pinch of additional runners."



-Doug

没有评论:

发表评论