2012年1月30日星期一

What can I do with a few strawberry plants I found in our yard?

The plants have flowers and I was wondering if I can do something with them to save them? I'm sure the critters will get the berries once they grow. Can I dig them up and plant them in a pot/container? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
What can I do with a few strawberry plants I found in our yard?
These more than likely are wild strawberries, will have alot of small berries but are very sour to eat, I have alot of them around and in my rocks surrounding flower bed in my back yard too. I leave them for the birds which are also the ones who planted them
Reply:If you want any berries at all don't try to transplant them now. They will never set fruit if you do. Move the after the fruit is gone to an area where you can protect them from the "critters". If you make a bed for them in your yard they will spread rapidly once they take hold. Put a critter-proof fence around the bed if you can.



Bert

没有评论:

发表评论